Essential oils are nit just for breathing in aromatically or used topically. Certain oils can be used and taken internally. While I was searching for recipes I can try cooking with essential oils, I came across this gorgeous recipe. You can find the original recipe HERE!
- 2 Cups All-purpose Flour
- 2/3 Cup Cornstarch
- 3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Butter (3 sticks, softened)
- 1/2 tsp Real Salt
- 8-20 Drops of Peppermint Essential Oil (see notes)
- 2 1/4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Butter (softened)
- 2 Tbsp Half and Half
- 4-20 Drops Peppermint Essential Oil (see notes)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and powdered sugar until combined.
- Put how many drops of essential oils you want in to a 1/2 tsp measuring spoon, then fill the rest up with water. Add it to the butter mixture.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix just until combined. If it doesn’t combine, add a tiny bit of water until it does.
- Put a lid or plastic wrap on the bowl and put in the fridge for about an hour, until nearly firm.
- During the last 10 minutes of chilling, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or 177 degrees C.
- Remove from the fridge and scoop dough out 1 even Tablespoon at a time.
- Shape in to a ball and put on a greased baking sheet. Space cookies about 2 inches apart. . Press down with the back of a measuring cup with some wax paper between the cookie and the cup so it doesn’t stick. One quick press is enough.
- Keep dough that won’t be baking chilled.
- Bake in a preheated oven until cookies are set and bottoms are lightly golden brown. To check the doneness, take the pan out of the oven and gently pick one cookie up and see if it’s a slightly golden brown. If it is, it’s done. They can overcook very easily, so check every minute starting at 9 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and transfer to a wire rack.
- Cream together butter, half and half, essential oil and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- If frosting is too thick, add a little half half. Too thin, add a little powdered sugar.
- Frost each cookie (I just used a plastic spoon to put the frosting on the cookie and then the back of the spoon to spread it around).
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
Notes: For peppermint essential oil, 8 drops in the cookies and 4 drops in the frosting is plenty for most people.
Looking to buy peppermint oil? You can buy it through my shop link HERE!