The aroma of peppermint is very familiar and pleasant to most people. Peppermint essential oil contains menthol which is used in toothpaste, can alleviate tension headaches and also creates a cooling sensation that can be great for muscle aches and pains. Peppermint essential oil has been used for years dating back to the Egyptians.
- When ingested, promotes healthy respiratory function and clear breathing.
- Promotes digestive health when taken internally.
- Repels bugs naturally.
- Can be used as a pick me up during the day.
- Treats ADHD
- Can be used in cooking. Check out my Melt away cookies using Peppermint.
- Alleviate the occasional stomach upset.
- Reduces muscle and joint pain.
- Prevents sinus
- Suppresses appetite
- Reduces fever
I have been using peppermint essential oil for a few months now. I have used it for both treating headaches and I have also used this oil for baking. When I get a headache I use peppermint to help fight a headache instead of using painkillers.
I apply the oil to my temples, my wrist, the back of my neck and inhale the scent and it works wonders. When inhaling the oil it takes 22 seconds for it to reach your brain. While using the peppermint essential oil topically (on the skin) it takes 2-3 minutes for it to reach the bloodstream.
Using essential oils aromatically is the quickest way for it to begin working its magic.
Make sure to read about the Lavender essential oil.